Continuous Enrollment at LCA
Why Continuous Enrollment?
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the incoming student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at Laconia Christian Academy, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
The LCA leadership team does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission every year. Until LCA families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” and ask for a tuition deposit. In a sense, we’ve been penalizing the vast majority of families by forcing everyone to go through this process every year. Last year, for instance, we retained 94% of our student body. So EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of the 6% that, for one reason or another, left our school community.
By signing your Continuous Enrollment (CE) agreement, you will be flipping that script. Rather than an OPT-IN annual re-enrollment process, LCA’s annual re-enrollment will become an OPT-OUT process. In other words, if you’re coming back after signing your CE Agreement, you’ll never have to worry about this again.
- Agreement. By digitally signing this agreement, I (we) hereby opt into Continuous Enrollment (CE). This means that my (our) student(s) will keep coming back to LCA every year unless I (we) notify the school otherwise. I (we) understand that I (we) have until March 1 every year to notify the Laconia Christian Academy school office of any changes in my (our) enrollment plans for my (our) child/ren.
- Penalties for breaking the CE agreement.If I (we) breach this agreement by dis-enrolling my (our) child/ren between March 1 and June 30, I (we) understand that I (we) will be contractually obligated to pay 1 month of tuition as a penalty. If I (we) breach this agreement by dis-enrolling my (our) child/ren after June 30 and before the first day of school, I (we) understand that I (we) will be contractually obligated to pay 25% of the tuition due for the upcoming school year as a penalty. See Form T for withdrawal policy after the first day of school.
- Unique Circumstances under which disenrollment penalties are waived. Laconia Christian Academy recognizes that family plans change. For any unique circumstances (such as the following) families dis-enrolling after the announced deadline will be exempt from the 1 month tuition penalty:
- Moving/Relocation 25+ miles away from LCA.
- Educational needs for the student that can no longer be met at Laconia Christian Academy as determined by the LCA Student Services team.
- Dis-enrollment at the request of Laconia Christian Academy.
- Other circumstances as approved by the Academy’s Governing Board.
LCA families who are re-enrolled, but break the agreement by dis-enrolling their students between March 1 and June 30, will be contractually obligated to pay 1 month of tuition penalty based on the prior year’s net tuition obligation. As is current LCA policy (see Form T), families dis-enrolling between July 1 and the first day of school will be contractually obligated to pay 25% of the tuition due. While these penalties may seem steep, many schools require a semester or even a year of tuition once a family is enrolled for the following year.
We’ve built flexibility into this agreement. For major life changes or unique circumstances (moving 25+ miles away from our school, LCA is no longer able to meet your child’s educational needs, your family is asked to leave, or there is some other unforeseen circumstance that our Governing Board approves) there will be no financial penalty.
Once all of our families are on the CE Program, the typical re-enrollment season (January through March) will simply be a communication reminder from the school office informing families that might be thinking about leaving our school to notify us prior to March 1st. If last year is any indication, this means that 94% of LCA families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely nothing!
In past years, families were asked to re-enroll and pay their Student Activity Fee (SAF) as a non-refundable tuition deposit by March 1. Families failing to meet the March 1 deadline were charged a $150 re-enrollment fee. CE is a once-and-for-all process. Once you sign your CE Agreement, you’ll never have to deal with re-enrollment again – “Set it, and forget it!” In the event that your family’s plans change, you’ll have until March 1 every year to notify the school office and face absolutely no penalty.
In an additional effort to simplify CE and reduce the burden on family budgets during the enrollment season, we are making two more significant changes:
- In the pilot year, unless you are a newly enrolling family, the tuition deposit is being eliminated. Where as in previous years, families paid their tuition deposit for the next school year in March, while also making monthly tuition payments for the current school year, with CE there is no deposit required and tuition payments for the upcoming school year will start in June. (If families honor their CE agreements in this first year, it is our hope to continue not requiring a tuition deposit in future years.)
- SAF fees are being rolled into tuition. This change will allow families to pay their SAF in monthly installments throughout the school year.
Yes, Tuition Grant awards will be available by the notification deadline of March 1. We have asked FACTS to assess family need based on their current application, current W-2’s, and IRS Form 1040 from two years ago. For example, a family applying for a tuition grant for the 2020-2021 school year will need to complete their grant application by March 1, 2020 (February 15 in future years) and provide FACTS with their W-2’s from 2019 and their IRS Form 1040 from 2018. Award letters will be available by March 15, 2020 (March 1 in future years). We believe that assessing need based on the older tax return will make the Tuition Grant application process much easier and expedite the award process.
CE will start in January 2020. Agreements are due by March 1. We look forward to serving LCA families in this way and making the process even more convenient! In the 2020 pilot year, families submitting agreements after March 1 are subject to a $150 re-enrollment fee.
Reduced financial stress during the month of March.
Guaranteed placement. With increasing enrollment, and the potential to be at or near waitlisting several of our grades, CE guarantees placement in next year’s class – you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child until graduation.
Returning Families Only: Click on the button below to sign the Continuous Enrollment Agreement. Once signed, you never have to worry about re-enrollment again!
If you are enrolling at LCA for the first time, please call the main office and speak to our Admissions Coordinator.