Timbernook Program Director
Start Date 6/15/19
Job Opportunity- TimberNook Program Director (Part or Full time)
Laconia Christian Academy is a vibrant PreK-12 private Christian school in the Lakes Region. Our campus is ideally situated on 140 acres of forest, that is perfect for a child centered outdoor education program. We are seeking a dynamic committed Christian to implement leadership for a successful TimberNook(R) program. TimberNook training will be provided by TimberNook, LLC, at the Academy’s expense.
There is a worldwide movement to re-connect children with nature and encourage outdoor play. A growing body of research suggests that children’s intellectual, psychological, and physical health improve when they spend time engaging in nature in unstructured free-play on a regular basis.
TimberNook (www.timbernook.com) is an innovative, award-winning, and international nature program for all children that skillfully uses the environment as inspiration for creative play opportunities that challenge the mind, body, and senses.
The successful candidate will be:
- A committed Christian
- Experienced in working with young children – approximately 3 to 12 years of age
- Able to lead, engage and motivate others
- A self-starter and able to see projects through to completion
- Able to enthusiastically share our philosophy that child-led play is essential to early learning
- A lover of the outdoors
- Able to communicate effectively with others in person and through written materials
- Flexible to meet the needs of the program
- Direct the TimberNook summer camps (Certified Provider Program)
- Direct and oversee the TimberNook program and staff (Certified School Program)
- Participate in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Supervise TimberNook teaching staff
- Develop and implement promotional strategies and materials
- Communicate with current and prospective families
- Provide reports to Head of School as requested
- Stay current with early and elementary education and TimberNook best practices
To apply, please review the full job description here, then email a cover letter and resume to Rick Duba, Head of School, or send hardcopy to Laconia Christian Academy, attn: Rick Duba, 1386 Meredith Center Rd., Laconia, NH, 03256