Non-Discrimination Policy: LCA does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic, and other school-administered programs.
Academic: The prospective student must have demonstrated success in prior schooling. The re-enrolling student must have demonstrated academic success while at LCA.
Behavioral: The prospective student must have demonstrated compliance with his/her prior school’s behavioral standards and must indicate a willingness to comply with the LCA Code of Behavior as set forth the Parent-Student Handbook. The re-enrolling student must have demonstrated a willingness to comply with the LCA Code of Behavior. Re-enrolling students who have been suspended from school in the school year prior to re-enrollment may be re-interviewed.
Spiritual: The prospective student must be willing to be instructed in, and the parents/guardians supportive of, an educational environment characterized by the LCA’s Statement of Faith.
Conditions of Admission and Continued Enrollment
As a condition to admission and continued enrollment, each student, with the full support of parents, agrees to:
– Clearly demonstrate, in all school situations, honor, respect, and obedience to his/her parents and any other authority figures in his/her life (Ephesians 6:1-3).
– Live in a spirit of good school citizenship, showing consideration for the uniqueness of others and respect for their personhood, thereby avoiding all slander and malice (Romans 12:10; Colossians 4:6; Ephesians 4:31).
– Refrain from the use or possession of tobacco products.
– Refrain from the use or possession of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs (I Corinthians 6:19).
– Exercise wise Christian judgment regarding reading matter, movies, music, and other forms of entertainment (II Corinthians 7:1). By this we convey an expectation that students will rule out reading matter, music, and movies that are pornographic, oriented toward the occult, or generally lacking in redeeming value. In addition, we believe (even for high school student viewing) all videos and movies need to be carefully and prayerfully evaluated by parents, being cautious not only about immorality and violence, but also about themes that confuse children by distorting the Word of God and contradicting our Christian worldview. Finally, in order to promote a positive influence in our students, we do not allow secular rock music of any form at school.
– Abstain from immorality, conducting oneself in a godly manner regarding relationships with same or opposite sex, maintaining sexual purity. (Romans 13:13).
– In all ways strive to conduct his/her life in a manner that pleases the Lord (Psalm 104:33-34; Colossians 1:10).